Ukraine is now switching from the so-called “green” or “feed-in” tariff – currently one of the most profitable in the world for energy companies – to a new auction-based quota system coming into force from 2020.
Topics, discussed by an expert panel included:
- Ukrainian renewables in a global and European context and investor appetite for Ukrainian renewables projects
- An overview of the significant growth of renewables capacity. What are the most reliable forecasts for future growth?
- How the crossover from the green tariff to auctions will work and how they will establish clear and transparent market rules.
- Practicalities and procedures for the purchase of quotas via auction
- The appetite of major financial institutions for Ukrainian renewable projects. How do lenders view the bankability and risks?
- Accessing international credit and debt markets to finance investment in Renewable Energy Sources
Official Support: The Embassy of Ukraine in the UK and the Office of the National Investment Council of Ukraine.
Sponsors: CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang, Fronius, Jinko Solar, Integrites and KPMG.
Read more in KyivPost.