The event was organized by Strategy Council with the support of the Association of Gas Producers of Ukraine, the National Investment Council under the President of Ukraine, UkraineInvest and the Embassy of Ukraine to the UK.
Present and potential strategic investors displayed a great deal of interest in the opportunities being created by the licencing round, PSAs and PECs.
The conference allowed prospective investors to learn more about Ukraine’s recent, landmark move to auction off exploration and production rights for 30 onshore sites with underground gas reserves. Bids will go through the electronic procurement site Prozorro, where 17 of the gas-rich blocks have already been listed and the remaining 13 will be added soon.
“Today State Geological Service is officially announcing the 2nd round of electronic oil and gas auctions, which can be purchased through the ProZorro system. These are 7 sites, which are located in five areas. The territory with deposits is more than 2 thousand sq. Km, and the estimated resources of more than 2 billion cubic meters of gas. The initial price of 7 special permits is almost $ 2 million,”said Oleg Kirilyuk. Details can be found here.
The event was attended by both Ukrainian and international mining companies, such as Shell, ExxonMobil, Arawak Energy, Perenco, MOL, Sand Hill, Baker Hughes, Halliburton, Schlumberger, SOCAR AQS.
Once again, particular thanks go to:
- CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang, Poltava Petroleum Company / JKX Oil & Gas and Arawak Energy, whose sponsorship of the Forum enabled us to stage the event at short notice. We particularly enjoyed the opportunity to help PPC / JKX celebrate their 25th anniversary;
- The Embassy of Ukraine in the UK and, in particular, Ambassador Galibarenko, for their enthusiastic support and input from the very beginning of preparations for the event;
- The National Investment Council, Association of Gas Producers of Ukraine and UkraineInvest, whose immediate support enabled the event to gain momentum very quickly;
- All members of the speaker panel for the valuable information they shared with us;
- All participants for contributing to such a positive and productive atmosphere.
We wish the State Geological Service and all official bodies every success in conducting the licencing rounds and PSA tenders and likewise the best of luck to all companies participating.