- Dmytro Kostyk, Founder of Kodisoft and another of Ukraine’s leading tech entrepreneurs, confirms his participation as a speaker
- Aleksandr Lyubarev, Director, Corporate Finance & Treasury, Metinvest Holding, will provide an update on their Restructuring Scheme, as well as an overview of the current situation in the metals & mining sector
- Torben Majgaard, Founder & CEO of Ciklum, will share his insights into how this Ukrainian software developer grew into a global IT engineering giant
- Viktor Korsak, Chairman of VolWest Group, will outline the recently announced plans to roll out the Spar supermarket chain across Ukraine
- Eugene Zaika, Regional Head of Swiss pharma company Acino, will discuss their 2015 acquisition of Pharma Start and how Kyiv has become their regional HQ
- Andrew Chakhoyan, Director, Corporate Affairs of VimpelCom, to discuss the recent opening of their Global Shared Services Centre in Lviv
- Andrew Edmondson of Ashmore Group and Oleksiy Soroka of Allianz Global Investors are the latest institutional investors to confirm their participation
- Nina Yuzhanina, Head of the Rada Tax & Customs Committee, confirms that she will take part and discuss the latest changes to the tax code with the business community
- Pavlo Moroz, Deputy Minister of Justice, confirms his participation. Hear first-hand about the protection of private property as the next important element of reform
- Ukraine’s GDP is growing once more and is set to accelerate in the coming year;
- In many key areas, the much-maligned reform process has gained traction and real improvements are being felt
- A whole range of Ukrainian businesses, across a number of industries, have had no choice but to become leaner, more efficient and to optimise business processes in order to compete in international marketplaces
The international investor could be forgiven for overlooking these positive trends, due to the sheer volume of other news coming out of the country. Therefore this timely forum has been convened, at the request of both investors and Ukrainian business, to provide a platform for Ukraine’s leading corporates to come together and meet with the City of London’s most influential institutional investors, investment bankers and advisors and a wide range of stakeholders from London’s financial community.
Don’t miss this timely and unique opportunity to hear first-hand about Ukraine’s leading companies’ plans for capital raising and strategic development, international investors’ appetite for Ukrainian issuers and what opportunities exist for international advisors and financiers to share their experience and expertise.
The Global Macroeconomic Outlook And What It Signifies For Ukraine
- Will 2017 be the breakthrough year in returning to significant GDP growth?
- Is Ukraine well positioned to benefit from the global growth outlook?
- Will improving global commodity prices support and speed up the recovery of the Ukrainian economy?
- Appraising the fiscal and regulatory framework
What Ukrainian Business Requires To Improve The Operating Environment And Investment Climate
- Creating the conditions for longer-term growth. Putting in place the necessary macroeconomic policies. To what extent do delays in reform undermine credibility?
- Status update on cooperation with the IFIs
- How to stimulate FDI and generate those long-awaited good news case studies
- What tangible results have we seen from the major trade agreements and what more can be achieved in terms of increasing and diversifying exports?
- Have levels of inflation and exchange rates stabilised?
- Live On-stage Interview with a leading Ukrainian business figure
Focus On Corporate Ukraine (Part One): Corporate Finance And The Capital Markets
- To what extent do Ukrainian companies have access to affordable financing to support growth?
- Equity capital markets: how soon can we anticipate the next wave of IPOs and from which sectors will they come?
- Debt capital markets: will there be a wider range of issuers and what bond issues are in the pipeline?
- How successful have companies been in easing the debt burden and extending the duration and structure of their debt?
- Strategies for Treasury and Working Capital Management to ensure optimal levels of liquidity in the current climate
Focus On Corporate Ukraine (Part Two): Improving Business Processes
- How corporate Ukraine has adjusted to an uncertain environment by raising efficiency and optimising business processes – best practice case studies
- Corporate governance and the impact of the new law on NEDs. Is a revolution underway within the major state-owned enterprises?
- How to achieve sustainable growth and profitability in the current environment
- Utilising technology to enhance decision-making processes
- Debate on Tax Reform – gradually moving in the right direction? Views from within the business community
Fund Manager Panel – Views Of Ukraine From The City
A panel of several of the leading Emerging Markets Fund Managers in the City will share their views on the attractiveness of Ukrainian issuers and what it is they are looking for.
- Does Ukraine suffer from an emerging markets discount? Is the investor community in London sufficiently informed?
- What is the appetite from the international investor community for Ukrainian issuers?
Overviews of the most important industry sectors for Ukraine, featuring market leaders and providing an overview of the sector’s current status and what its outlook for growth is. Including:
- Agribusiness: Identifying priority new export markets and the move towards export of value-added products. Attracting investment into key areas of the value chain: logistics and infrastructure, processing, modernisation of equipment
- Energy: Domestic gas production and the drive to be self-sufficient: what progress is being made towards a decrease in upstream taxation?
- Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals: First results of the new measures to reform the healthcare sector
- Banking & Finance: Laying the foundations for a more robust Ukrainian banking sector by accelerating productivity gains and improving performance
- Transport: Strategic reform and modernisation of state-run institutions to create the transparent conditions and mechanisms to channel investment into transport infrastructure
- Real Estate and Retail: As the sector shows signs of increased activity, due to the wider economic recovery, where do the primary opportunities exist?
- Metals & Mining: Will improving commodity prices support and speed up the recovery of the Ukrainian economy? Are Ukrainian producers well placed to cater to international demand for iron ore and steel?
- IT & Hi-Tech: Ensuring that the funding and infrastructure are available to allow Ukrainian tech businesses to grow in-country
20th March at 18.00 at the Millennium Mayfair Hotel